Directions to IST...Copyright: © RWTH Aachen | IST
The IST is located in the immediate vicinity of the main building of the RWTH Aachen University. The central location in the heart of the city ensures easy access by car, train or plane.
In the following you will find a short description of how to get to us by different means of transport. You can also download and print it. However, if you have further questions, you are welcome to contact us by e-Mail.
Please note for travel by car: All vehicles that are temporarily parked in the designated parking spaces at the university require a special parking permit, which we will be happy to provide upon request. Please contact us for this in advance at e-Mail.
Arrival by car
- Motorway junction Aachen
- A4 direction Antwerp
- Aachen-Laurensberg exit
- Feeder direction Aachen
- Exit direction Maastricht
- Departure RWTH-Melaten
Arrival by train via Aachen central station
- ICE from Brussels or Frankfurt, IC from Berlin
- Thalys from Cologne/Dortmund or Brussels/Paris
- Regional express from Cologne: RE 9 or RE 1
- Afterwards continuation of the journey by taxi or the buses of the lines 13A, 13B to the stop "Aachen, Technische Hochschule"
Arrival by train via Aachen West
- Regional train from direction Mönchengladbach, Duisburg, Dortmund (RB 33 and RE 4)
- Euregiobahn from Stolberg/Eschweiler/Langerwehe and Düren as well as from Alsdorf/Eschweiler-St. Jöris and Heerlen (RB 20)
- Then 7 minutes walk to IST.
Please note: The station Aachen West is not barrier-free.
Arrival by plane
- Flight to Cologne, Düsseldorf or Maastricht
- Rental car (from Cologne or Düsseldorf about 100 km, from Maastricht about 35 km)
- By train to Cologne central station or Düsseldorf central station, then by train to Aachen central station